Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Examples of journals about online activity

1

Work and play

Jan. 27th, 2007 | 04:08 pm

location: home-office

mood: amused amused

music: comforting

- I sent a few messages to RG (bgsu e-mail) she kept responding almost in real time. One of the messages was from Facebook, saying that RG has written on my wall. Since I was in a conversation with her, I signed in to check what she wrote almost immediately. She commented on my wall – she likes my picture. ( I changed my profile picture a few days ago, Jan 22). I thought I should ask why. She responded – on the wall again that it was Saturday and she was resting. It was playful but also rough. To soften the blow, I took the playful meaning and wrote an ode to Saturday, “mentioning RG” in the note. She fyrknula-zasmeyala in response. Yet, JS commented on the note with his attitude to Saturdays. I added more to my note.

- this week 3 people from the English dep did their grad lectures (defended diss proposals). According to SR, one was quite good. I posted my congrats on his FB wall. A few hours later, I realized that I should have congratulated the other 2. FB responded on my wall with appreciation.

- While reading about social networking an privacy issues on sns, I realized that with a desire my identity can be easily faked. So I changed my profile – removed country from my home town, and hid the year of my birth. What am I afraid of?

#2

Sep. 3rd, 2006 | 06:43 pm

ZB called the other day we started talking about my diss and invetably I invited him to join FB. while on Skype (=online, by the computer) he attemted to join. bad luck! the e-mail he wanted to use for registrtaion was not accepted, his organization has not access to FB. ;(

AH had a bithday today (sept 3), I posted "Happy birthday to you! <:0)" How sweet of me!!! when I was writing I noticed that a bunch of other people posted their congratulations on her wall. A few hours later AH responded with thanks, she also commented on my Hurray note about passing my oreliminary exams. I wondered if AH responded to everyone. I clicked on each person's image who sent her b-day wishes. I could see that AH responded only the person from BG. I could not proceed to other universities' networks; or that is the way they configure their security.

TM registered on FB to find his former student. Now he is concerned that he doesn't know if he could delete his account.

No comments: